MTU Maintenance, the MRO division of MTU Aero Engines AG, recently shared insights into what the company identified as a record-breaking 2018 year.
According to the MRO service provider, MTU Maintenance won $4.4bn in MRO contract wins marking the first time it has surpassed the four billion mark in its history. The majority of these were comprised of third-party repair deals, which included parts, accessory and teardown services. Over 200 third-party repair customers were served, while 20,000 orders were placed.
Other highlights of the 2018 year include the company completing over 1,000 shop visits, along with 1,500 events. At its Hannover facility, MTU Maintenance recorded over 400 shop visits alone. Across the network, the company’s noted a third of all visits were typically for the V2500 engine.
Over at its Berlin-Brandenburg facility, MTU Maintenance experienced high demand for its CF34 programme, which broke a company record for over 130 shop visits.
Commenting on last year’s progress, Michael Schreyögg, chief program officer, MTU Aero Engines, said: “We are delighted with MTU Maintenance’s performance in 2018.”
He added: “In particular, with the number of CFM56 contracts won. These made up around a third of our contract wins and cement our position as the world’s number one independent service provider. Our customized solutions are proving a real hit with operators across the lifecycle.”
Airfoil Services (ASSB), MTU’s joint venture with Lufthansa Technik in Malaysia, reported an increase in its third-party repair work to 60%, while the remaining 40% of volume was soured from joint venture partners.